DIY: Creativity is Key!

Hello, bloggers!

Tonight I'm bringing you a blog about creativity. Now, you might think this is an obvious part of DIY, and it is, but I think it's more than just artsy tendencies. Creativity means thinking outside the box and working with what you've got!

My fiancee and I unfortunately had to scrap the "getting married in a helicopter" idea because apparently it's frowned upon to do so while you're trying to grow a baby [fun ruiners]. Instead, we decided to plan a wedding in 3 week's time.

This decision left me with not much time and a whole lot of DIY projects to complete. As I was searching for supplies at Hobby Lobby, I came across this great piece:

Step 1: Find a fun piece to customize or paint!

What's so special about this? Take out the "Y" and you have our new shared last name!

I knew my fiancee would be able to help me customize it so I got home and he got to work immediately.

Step 2: Find a handsome, handy partner with a saw to help you out.

The entire customization took about 2 minutes. Afterward I sanded it down and VOILA!
A finished product:

To finalize this piece I used teal blue spray paint to match our colors and sandpaper to distress the edges.

Photo by Jamie Littich

This is just one really cool example of how you can find an unexpected treasure and customize it to make it your own! Whether it be adding paint, sanding it down for a distressed look or bringing out the saw and getting your hands dirty, the possibilities are endless!
-Mal

*Unless noted, all photos taken by me*

Comments

  1. This post is not only super adorable but also an unexpected but super cute DIY project. Which it is always awesome when you find something this great, unexpectedly!! Good luck with wedding planning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I really love the creativity that you implied! I wish you luck in your wedding plans!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts