DIY: Name Decor


Today I'm going to show you a quick and cute decor project to spice up your dorm or house!


Supplies:
Wood plank board - Hobby Lobby $8.99 (with 40% off coupon)
Spray Paint - (had on hand but you can purchase for less than $5 at Walmart)
Wooden Letters - $1.49 a piece
Sandpaper - (had on hand)
Hot glue gun/glue - (had on hand)

Total Cost: $17

Step 1:
Sand any rough edges of the wooden letters & dust off for spray paint.

Step 2:
Spray on several light coats of spray paint. You can also use acrylic paint if you have that on hand.

Step 3:
Position the letters for gluing.
Budget Tip: If you have a long last name, consider just doing a larger letter of the first name. I almost just went with a "B" to put in the center which would've been just as cute!

Step 4:
Hot glue your letters on and set out for everyone to admire!

You might also notice the Red fabric flower at the corner. My next blog will give instructions on how to make that by hand! 

I hope you enjoyed this week's project. Of course there are always ways to customize these in your own way. You could paint the board itself and do contrasting colors for the letters. Or even add hangers on the back to hang on the wall or your front door! The possibilities are endless. 

Stay excellent, everyone.
-Mal


Comments

  1. Great job on your posts! This looks super cute and is really versatile, people can do a lot of unique things with a project like this! I really love your blog, it is so cute and organized. I think your posts are interesting and informative and have really good length. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kendra! This was definitely one of my simpler projects but I think it will remain one of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. I definitely want to try this post! It looks so cute and you made it look so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kylie! It was super simple! Post a picture if you try it, I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  3. This is excellent for me, being a guy my apartment is very empty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts