DIY: Fabric Flower



Hello, friends!

As previously promised, I am here to present you with the super-simple steps to making your own fabric flower. 
I wanted to add a fun detail to my last project so I thought this would be an easy answer! 

Basically all you need for this project are scissors, hot glue and some sort of fabric. I used burlap but any type of fabric (or even some ribbons) would work for this! I have another blog post from my personal blog with additional instructions (when using fabric it's easier to make it tighter & more detailed).
Step 1:
Cut your fabric into strips. This roll of burlap was the perfect width so I got to skip this step! 
photo credit: me
Step 2:
Roll/bunch a bit of the burlap and hot glue it together to make a starting point. If you're using fabric you can tie a knot for this step and skip the hot glue.
photo credit: me
Step 3:
Twist, roll, glue. That's the basic premise. You can make the flower as small or as large as you would like. Place dots of glue along the way to hold the flower together.
photo credit: me
Step 5:
When you've decided your flower is the right size, you'll want to take the end and glue it to the bottom of the flower. This will require gluing in multiple different places using no strategy whatsoever. Your goal here is to make sure the flower doesn't fall apart on you.

Take note of any spots where it looks like it might fall apart and - you guessed it - place extra glue there.
photo credit: me

And there you have it! Your own adorable fabric flower.
photo credit: me
Here's another example using regular fabric from my other blog!

photo credit: me

I hope you guys enjoyed this project! It's about as cheap and easy as DIY projects come so you really can't go wrong.

Stay excellent, bloggers.
-Mal

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful and creative display, I would have never thought to bring such a small thing together to enhance a room. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Good for home décor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts